The foreign Non-Arabic words of the quran
The author : Father Zakaria Boutros
The publisher: www.fatherzakaria.com
It was said that the quran was written is a clear Arabic tongue.
"We have sent it down as an Arabic Quran" Joseph chapter (Surat Yusuf) 2
Actually there are 9 quran verses saying that the quran was written is a clear Arabic tongue.
As in the chapters of: Joseph (Surat Yusuf), Ta-Ha (Surat Ta-Ha), the bees (Surat An-Nahl), The Poets (Surat Ash-Shu'ara'), distinguished (Surat Fussilat), Consultation (Surat Ash-Shura), The Gold Adornments (Surat Az-Zukhruf), The Curved Sand-hills (Surat Al-Ahqaf) and The Groups, (Surat Az-Zumar)
All The annotators are saying that "a clear Arabic tongue" means the most fluent Arabic tongue
It was found that the quran contained 275 non-Arabic words, intruded into the quran from foreign languages present at that time
The Islamic encyclopedia, part 26, and page 8222, 8223 said:" the annotators found no embarrassment to commit that there are many non- Arabic words intruded into the quran text from languages as: Hebrew, Indian, Persian, Ethiopian, Barbarian, Romanian, Coptic, Greek, and Syrian"
In "the relic" book narrated Ibn Abbas:" they were showing a great interest in the origin of those words and their meanings"
Al-Syouty,in his book "the perfection in quran' sciences" wrote a special chapter for those big number of foreign non-Arabic words saying that there are 275 non Arabic words in the quran, and those words can't be connected by any mean to the Arabic language
Al- Motawakely also made a special study on those words
Another study was made by Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ibiary in his book "history making of the quran" Ta'rikh Al-Quran" published in Cairo in 1981 by the house of Arabic book
Of these words:
- "Tafaq'a " is a Romanian word means" intended to do", as in The Heights chapter (Surat Al-A'raf) 22
- "Al-toar "is a Syrian word means "the mountain", as in the Cow chapter (Surat Al-Baqarah) 63
- "Al-Raq'im " is a Romanian word means "the tablet" as in The Cave chapter (Surat Al-Kahf) 9
- "Ta-Ha " is a Hebrew word as in Ta-Ha chapter
-" Senin "is a Hebrew word means "beautiful"
-"As-Sijjîl " is a Persian word means "the book" as in the Prophets chapter (Surat Al-Anbiya') 104
- "Al-Istabrek "is a Persian word means "the thick" as in The Smoke chapter (Surat Ad-Dukhan) 53
- " Al-Soundos " is an Indian word means" the thin curtain" as in The Smoke chapter (Surat Ad-Dukhan) 53
- " Sariah" is a Greek word means " a small river" as in Mary chapter (Surat Maryam) 24
- " Meshkat " is an Ethiopian word means " a niche in the wall" as in the light chapter(Surat An-Nur)
- "Jouhan'm " is a Hebrew word means " the hell" as in the Spoils of War(Surat Al-Anfal) 36
- " Al-Zakât " is a Hebrew word means " the tax from money"
- " Sajjîl " is a Persian word means "the stony mud"
- " Ad-Durie " is an Ethiopian word means " a shinning planet"
-" Nashet-Al lail " is an Ethiopian word means " wake up by night" as in The One wrapped in Garments chapter (Surat Al-Muzzammil) 6
- ' keflain " is an Ethiopian word means " two folds" as the iron chapter (Surat Al-Hadid) 28
- " Al-Q'swara " is an Ethiopian word means " the lion" as in The One Enveloped chapter (Surat Al-Muddathir) 51
- " Al-Melah Al-Okhra " is a Coptic word means "the first religion" as in Saad chapter ( Surat saad) 7
- ' Wara'hom " is a Coptic word means "behind them " as in The Cave chapter (Surat Al-Kahf)
-' Bata'nha " is a Coptic word means " its external look" as in The Most Gracious chapter(Surat Ar-Rahman) 54
- " Uho'd " is a Hebrew word means " one "
-" As-Sam'd " is a Hebrew word means" inclusive of all characters"
-" Abareeq' " is a Persian word means "vessels" as in The Event chapter (Surat Al-Waqi'ah) 18
-' Injeel " is a Greek words means " annunciation"
- " Tabout ' is a Coptic word means " a box "
-" Saradeq' " is a Persian word means " a tent"
- " Surah " is a Syrian word means " a book chapter "
- " Al-Ferdous " is a Persian word means " the garden"
- ' At-Taghout " is an Ethiopian word means " the opposites"
-' Mao'un " is a Hebrew word means " the pot"
Those are only few examples of the non-Arabic foreign words included in the quran,
So is it truly a clear Arabic tongue?
© jesusmarie.com pour la traduction française